What We Do
LibLynx specialises in providing critical data services to the global information industry. Our digital plumbing solutions power dissemination of knowledge by enabling organisations to manage the identity and access of their users, and collect valuable analytics on usage of their products and services.
Our clients are diverse, ranging from large, complex organisations with tens of thousands of employees across many locations down to small startups. Every implementation brings a unique blend of needs, systems, and processes. And all of them help advance human knowledge.
Our culture is innovative, collaborative, and empowering. As a niche player in a large industry, our success comes from operating at the leading edge and we are often the first in our area to launch new services and innovate around new technologies. Our solutions combine a lot of complex domain knowledge, so we work best when we pool our skills and experience. And we value roles that are challenging and satisfying, which comes from feeling supported and empowered to move ahead.
Our team is small yet powerful. We all bring valuable skills and experience, a desire to learn and be challenged, and the need to work on meaningful projects that make a difference to the world.
And we’re looking to grow our team.
What You’ll Do
You’re already an experienced backend engineer – as well as core software development, thinking both architecturally and low-level, you also enjoy learning and acting autonomously.
You’ll be solving some chunky, open-ended, domain-specific technical challenges, with a lot of scope for experimentation and learning as we continue to build up the platform. both as software and as a service. For example:
- designing and building systems to accept and process thousands of analytics events per second
- ensuring high availability and scalability of our core authentication (IAM) features
- creating user interfaces and APIs for a wide variety of user types – from LibLynx staff, to our customer’s development teams and support staff, through to end users like academic library patrons
You’ll be supported by our Engineering Manager, and work day-to-day with our CTO, engineering team, client success team, product team, and other staff as needed.
You MUST have:
- demonstrated experience over a number of years in software engineering, solving problems like the above
- recent experience in Symfony and PHP
- experience with large databases, particularly OLTP workflows
It’s nice if you’re familiar with:
- agile software development
- web interface and API development
- devops tools and methods – we use GitLab, docker, and terraform
- OLAP data processing workflows
- distributed technologies such as redis, clustered databases, etc
And we’ll love it if you’re familiar with, or interested to learn:
- scholarly publishing
- SAML authentication technologies
- analytics data processing and COUNTER reporting